Here is a short post how you can make you own delicious guacamole…
My wife loves Guacamole for a long time. Since I am not into Nachos, Chips and such stuff, I was not wild about that green avocado mush. That changed with our vacation in Mexcio in 2017. It tasted so awesome,that I had to make some of my own.
Guacamole: selfmade or bought?
After the vacation I realized that you can buy guacamole in a jar. You can even get a pulver mixture that you have to add somwhere… I don’t even know if you have to add water or avacado. But… what the fuck… It is so easy to do it by your own… I don’t get it, how you can NOT make guacamole by your own… I mean is super simple and super fast. Ok – Unscrewing a jar is simpler but well, it wont taste that good.
So here we go with the recipe of your selfmade guacamole:
- 1 big avocado
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- chop everything except the avocado in very small pieces.
- mash the avocado with a fork. – We love it when there is still some structure in it and is is not completley creamy.
- mix the avocado mush with lime juice before its color change.
- add the chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic and cilantro to the avocado and mix it well – You should taste if you like the amount of cilantro. Some people need to get used to it.
- Finally season it with salt and pepper.
- Put everything in the fridge and let it cool and develop its awesome taste. – The garlic needs some time to get through everything.
The guacamole tastes super good! It is a simple and fast recipe and a very healthy alternative to cheese dips 😉
It is kinda sad that I discovered this dip so late.
Here is another tip for you: Put the nachos/tortillas/chips in a backing oven and heat them up. They will taste so mcuh better!
Sadly I did not make any photos of the preperations. But you can see the result in this recipe, where the guacalome was used: Schmusis Honeymoon-Burger
Source for the photo:
Creator: Ivan Dervisevic https://www.flickr.com/photos/ilikespoons/