You don’t have to build a Pulled Pork Burger all the time. My wife surprised me with Pulled Pork Butterwraps. It was so delicious that it blew me away…
What is a “butterwrap”? Ok… Lets start: In Germany we often call a flour tortilia a “wrap”. So you take a wrap in put it in a frying pan with molten butter and wait a bit until it is golden. The wrap absorbs so much taste of the butter and makes it kind crispy. It is so damn delicious. And basically you can fill it with whatever you want.
First my wife sent me a picture of a filled wrap. And I thought sarcastic to myself: “Wow. A wrap filled with pulled pork. Damn she should get a noble pice….”
– I have never been so wrong in my life! Those butterwraps are insanly delicious!
Usually those supermarket flour tortillas are kinda dry and sticky. But not this time! They were cross on the outside and kinda juicy inside. And they had this taste of butter… Like you love it on a grilled cheese sandwich. While writing this, I sit here and dream about them like Homer Simpsons does about Donots.
But lets start with the recipe:
- flour tortillas
- Pulled Pork
- BBQ-Sauce – self made or bought*.
- bell pepper
- cheese – next time I will take some cheddar instead of gouda
- heat the pulled pork up and keep it warm.
- put some butter in a frying pan and let it melt. Now you put the flour tortilla or wrap in the butter and wait until it is golden and crispy. You can squeese the bubbles, so that the wrap stays flat.
- put some BBQ-Sauce and all the other ingredients on the wrap as you can see in the pictures.
- Maybe you can put in a microwave for a couple seconds to melt the cheese and heat up the other ingredients –We didnt do this, but it would be a small improvement for the next time.
Do I need a result here? YES! Once again: IT IS DELICIOUS. Make them at home! Try it! If not…. you suck! Look at the pictures! How can you not make them?
You never go wrong by using some hotsauce to spice your food up 😉